Why Flipkart and Amazon Not Delivering Products in Noida, UP?
However, there is some sad news for customers residing in Noida, NCR or other cities of Uttar Pradesh. Let's have a look of all the three e-commerce sites one by one:
FlipkartFlipkart has simply stopped delivering products exceeding value Rs. 5000 in Uttar Pradesh (except a few select products). If you try to check the availability of a product using any pin code belonging to U.P., you'll be greeted with message: "Not Available with any Seller at 201301", for example.
|Not available in Noida|
AmazonAmazon is following a similar law, with some additional rules. Quoted from Amazon India's website:
Customers from Jammu and Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Kerala cannot avail Cash on Delivery (COD) as a payment option and will be able to place orders only up to the below specified values on Amazon.in, due to regulatory restrictions.
|State||Pre-paid (Netbanking, Credit/Debit Cards)||COD|
|Madhya Pradesh||Up to Rs. 7000||Not available|
|Bihar||Up to Rs. 7000||Not available|
|Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand||Up to Rs. 5000||Not available|
|Kerala||No maximum limit||Not available|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Up to Rs. 7000||Not available|
SnapdealLuckily, they're the only one delivering products to these locations. However, anything exceeding the value of Rs. 10,000 has to be paid through Net Banking or Debit / Credit card.
Why are they doing this?Believe it not not, but there have been many fraud cases from these locations which have lead to huge loss to these companies. There have been multiple cases supporting their action.
- Once, a Flipkart delivery boy who was carrying three Macbooks on his bike was looted from an open location that was given as the addreess. The buyers couldn't be located because the only information they had about the buyers were the phone numbers and the address (both of which are easy to fake in India).
- Someone working on Amazon said: "For some reasons the order abuse cases in these regions is higher that the Rest of India. People used to order IPhone and mention they got a Nokia model phone. They mentioned the IPhone was not working and so customer service used to initiate return and what did Amazon got in the return package, bricks, biscuit packets, cardboard pieces.Its very easy to play fraud with Amazon and Flipkart. "
- There are people who just order for the sake of fun, or to make fun of the delivery boy. When the delivery boy reach to deliver the ordered products, he is told that there were no such orders, or the address was wrong.
- Many delivery boys with money in their purse were looted by showing knifes and guns.
- In some cases, delivery boys have even been beaten when they couldn't give Rs. 1 or 2 back to the customer. Strange but true.
- There have been cases where someone would order iPhones in bulk, later replace the contents with fake iPhones and then call up the customer care of the sites, saying the devices ain't working properly and need replacement. Bound by their terms and conditions, they had no choice but to replace the products.
- Cross border transportation into UP is one big issue. Shipments would be stopped if the right people on the border were not given enough bribe, which leads to company's loss.
- There were also cases where people would receive the product, put a stone in the package, take pic of it and post it on social media demanding refund for the product.